While using Windows 10 sometimes the touchpad and keyboard stops working or the entire laptops seems to freeze for a few seconds, sometimes up to a minute, and then resumes as if nothing had happened.
This can be caused by the poor implementation of the Panel Self-Refresh feature offered by the integrated Intel Graphics.
Disable the Panel Self-Refresh option in Intel Graphics settings.
1. Right click on the desktop and select Intel Graphics Settings
2. In the Intel Graphics Control Panel window, click on Power
3. On the left-hand side select On Battery.
4. For the Panel Self-Refresh option select Disable
5. Disable this option also for the Plugged In profile